Psalm 100 “Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into His presence with singing! Know that the Lord, he is God! It is He who made us, and we are His; we are his people, and the sheep of His pasture. Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise! Give thanks to Him; bless His name! For the Lord is good; His steadfast love endures forever, and His faithfulness to all generations.
At this time of year, I sit and thank God for giving me everything—to include His son, Jesus Christ. We want to make such gratefulness as prominent as the giant turkey on the table and see thanksgiving become a way of life.
There's no better thanksgiving wisdom than that found in God's Word, specifically The Old One-Hundredth (Psalm 100), "A psalm. For giving thanks."
Following that, there are many directives listed that can help us live our Thanksgiving ...
- Make a joyful noise to the Lord
- Come into His presence with singing
- Know that the Lord, he is God
- Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise
- Give thanks to Him; bless His name
- [Remember] For the Lord is good; His steadfast love endures forever, and His faithfulness to all generations.
Reflect on these today, and ask the Lord how He can help you really live your Thanksgiving each day of the year.
Take time to live your Thanksgiving and call or visit someone who is alone or having a hard time (for whatever reason) on this holiday.