Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year - A New Beginning

Ecclesiastes 3:1 "For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven.”
What a privilege we have as Christians. We don't have to trust in ourselves or our New Year Resolutions. There really is no such thing as luck. For God is a God of order and plan. He knows us better that we know ourselves. He even knew us before we were born. (Psalm 139). We can trust in the Lord.
Jeremiah 29:11-14 " For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the LORD, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the LORD, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.
The words in the above verse are comforting. The Lord knows the plans He has for us. He is Omnipotent and Omnipresent.
When I look at the vastness of the universe that the Lord God created we should be overwhelmed with His love for us. This brings us comfort, peace and joy.
1 John 1:9 - Our New Year’s Resolution
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
Isn't this the way to start your NEW YEAR?



No comments:

Post a Comment