Sunday, December 11, 2011

Joy



Psalm 16:11“You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.”


O God of marvel and mystery, make me joyous!
Bless me with the healing and forgiving power of laughter.
Help me to delight in life’s wonderment and surprises.
Preserve me from sanctimonious solemnity and morose morality,
and deliver me from the vanity of regrets.
Remove from me the perverse tendency
to make mountains out of molehills of my life.
Help me to regard the duck’s waddle,
the monkey’s antics
and my own foibles with the same sense of
humor.

Remind me that I am important,
not for what I do but for what I am –
your child, created in your image.
Help me to realize
that it is your love that gives meaning to my existence,
and that joy and laughter and singing
are echoes to that tremendous love.
Let me not forget to be joyful!
Let me not be too hurried to be cheerful.
Let me not be too busy to smile.
I ask these things, my Lord and my God, so that
someday I may join with all the mirthful saints
and singing angels
in praising you eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment