Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Amazing Grace

 
When John Newton wrote “Amazing Grace” he had been through so much he truly understood what God’s grace was about. One verse sticks out: “Through many dangers, toils and snares I have already come; 'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far and Grace will lead me home.

Our duties bring about times of uncertainty, today might be one of those days, but even though dangers, toils and snare exist we can rest in God’s grace that to will keep us safe and lead us home.

Romans 12:3 “For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.” reminds us that that we need to depend on Him and not our own training, skill or qualifications.

Though training, skill and qualifications should be taken seriously God’s grace gives us the strength and courage to face the dangers, toils and snares ahead of us.

Remember what God told Joshua (1:9) “Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Lastly, II Corinthians 12:9My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment